10.02.2010

Lost in the wilderness

Exploring around the area is a favorite thing to do here.  What is on the other side of that hill?  What if I leave the trail and walk towards the sound of the rushing river below?  What would I see if I climbed to the top of that rock?  I've been collecting answers to these questions as I hike, getting lost frequently, constantly finding exactly where I am, exactly where I should be.  An exploration of the self...that's what happens when panic sets in because you've been lost in the woods for almost 3 hours...But I found the way back...don't we always find our way back?
spiritual sunshine
magical forest
Here are some shots I took while lost in the forest..

1 comment:

  1. "The longest journey begins with a single step, not with the turn of an ignition key. That’s the best thing about walking, the journey itself. It doesn’t much matter whether you get where you’re going or not. You’ll get there anyway. Every good hike brings you eventually back home. Right where you started." -Edward Abbey

    I think of you all the time and I bet you would love the beautiful weather we've been having here lately. Te amo!

    ReplyDelete