8.31.2010

Nahuel Huapi y Bariloche

Bariloche sits along the coastline ofLago Nahuel Huapi, in the center of a national park. It is a breathtaking place with a lot of young travelers who come to seek out fresh powder for hitting the slopes. I have been perfectly content walking around the town, seeing the gorgeous views of the surrounding lake and Andes, as well as meeting new people in thehostel here. Alpine architecture is seen throughout which really gives you a sense that this really is Patagonia...not a facade.
(also, for those who are wondering, these photos are unaltered. They are directly from my camera to this blog. Incredible, no?)
Bariloche
It snowed for 2 hours! Then the clouds cleared...and life went on as usual...

I walked down from the hostel about 1 block to the small beach along Lago Naheul Huapi...can you believe this crystal clear lake? I've never seen a lake that looks like the ocean...




This is the view from the window of my room overlooking Bariloche. Seriously the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. It's a little hidden secret.

AND get this, I shared a room with two girls and the cost was 55
Argentine Pesos per night..which equates to about US$13...Can you believe it? For those of you who know how frugal I am...you know how happy this made me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment