11.01.2010

Operation: Surprise Adam

A few weeks ago, I secretly changed my flight to leave a week earlier...with the plan of surprising Adam!

After a 2 hour bus ride to Bariloche, a 24 hour bus ride to Buenos Aires, a 12 hour flight to Atlanta and finally a 14 hour drive to Wichita Falls, TX...I was exhausted, back in the US and ready to see my love.  He didn't expect to see me until Nov 5th, but I surprised him on Oct 29th!  It was SO hard to not call him when I entered the US.  I covered my tracks in every way that I could. and got him SO good.  mUAHAHAHAAHA
Here is how it all went down...
I contacted his buddies on the base and they were all in on it and almost as excited as me to surprise him.  We would be in touch to make sure he was in the right place at the right time.  I finally got to the U.S. on Wednesday.   I rested on Thursday and I drove all day on Friday to Texas, windows down, squealing with laughter every few miles. So excited!  I was driving because I'm also leaving my car with him...another surprise!  He works from 2-10pm at the front desk of the squadron on base.  So the plan went something like this...I left GA around 5:30am, and arrived in Wichita Falls around 8pm.  I checked into a hotel, put on a cute little black dress, and went to the base around 9pm.  The initial plan was to catch someone who was about to go inside, and hand them my keys to give to the front desk and tell them they found them in the parking lot.  I thought he would see my keychain and recognize it immediately, run outside in shock to see me waiting.  That is not how it went down!
I walked up and called a uniformed airman over to give him the scoop to take my keys inside.  It turned out to be a friend of Adam's who was in on the plan.  He got my keys and walked inside.  What we didn't know is that Adam was completely preoccupied with taking care of a sick airman; he took the keys and set them down without even a second glance.  So, I was standing outside the squadron, in my cute little dress, cold and anxious.  Two uniformed men approached me and asked me what in the world I was doing.  I told them I was waiting for someone, my husband who didn't know I was there.  They asked who and when I told them Adam Fillman, they both flipped out!  They were Adam's bosses...his master sergeants...kind of a big deal.
As soon as they realized what was going on, they wanted in on it.  SO they started planning it out, and decided to take me into their office and then give Adam direct orders to get to the office immediately to 'help move some things'.  SO (against all the rules because I'm not even allowed in the building) I followed his boss into his office and waited while they commanded Adam to get in there (and find me waiting.)  Adam hadn't even tried to figure out the keychain situation...he had absolutely NO idea I was there, the thought never even crossed his mind.  He thought I was still in Argentina...the best part!  When he came around the corner and saw me standing there...his eyes sort of glazed over and he stood there shocked, total disbelief, speechless.  A huge smile came across his face and laughter filled the room. Then he scooped me into his arms and started trying to piece everything together.  Yelling at his buddies...looking at the keys, freaking out.  Tears of joy, laughing, shock and awe.  How in the world did I get into his master sergeants office? ...I was there!  In Wichita Falls, not in Argentina.  SURPRISE!  It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!  I got him SO good.  All his buddies at the front desk were freaking out...Adam was still in shock...he couldn't believe it was real.
So I'm spending the week here, finally back with Adam...I just couldn't wait another day.  There will be more Argentina posts of the end of my trip.  But as of right now, I'm back in the USA and completely preoccupied!
We both are so excited 'cause we're reunited...hey, hey :)

1 comment:

  1. hey, hey ;)

    glad to hear that is how it went down. just read this story, best news i've heard all day.

    LOVE you two so so much. let me know how your texas days are treating you...

    ReplyDelete