8.28.2009

Elephants



I found this photo online. I LOVE IT. The plan is to make a rough sketch and see what the best medium should be. I'll keep ya posted on this!


I found this quote written in calligraphy on a poster board in my parents home. My Mom
wrote it in college and had it on her wall ::
To be calm. To be serene.
There is the calmness of the lake when there is the calmness of a stagnant ditch.
So it is with us.
Sometimes we are clarified and calmed healthily, as we never were before in our lives.
Not by an opiate. But by some unconscious obedience to the all-just laws.
So that we become like a still lake of the purest crystal and without an effort our depths are revealed to ourselves.

All the world goes by and is reflected in our deeps.
Such clarity!
Obtained by such pure means!
by simple living, by honesty of purpose. We live and rejoice.
Thoreau



Segovia, Spain. This is where I studied abroad in college. This gorgeous Roman aqueduct went around the center of town. My walk to school along this stone structure is something I could never forget.
These giant historical sites have such a presence in front of you. They produce a sense of wonder and awe in the air.
The photo below was taken in La Plaza Mayor de Segovia. The ancient Catholic cathedral has spires that remind of Gothic time periods...incredible.
My lungs fill with an air of ancient times. The first stone was laid in 1525!
This is another view of La Catedral. How classically Spanish! Photo of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment