9.13.2014

Ketchup

How do you like the new header?  Can you spot the hidden creature in the picture?  I like it...it was recently taken while on a canoe trip on the Little Spokane river.  Just before we put the boat in the water, I looked up and saw this beautiful plant being illuminated by the sun.  I didn't realize until we were back at home looking at the photos...there was a little creature that decided to make his photographic debut.  Pretty fun find!
 So...I'm back!
Let’s play CATCHUP!
(This reminds me of a funny joke…name that movie. 
"Three tomatoes are walking down the street- a Papa tomato, a Mama tomato, and a little Baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Papa tomato gets angry, goes over to the Baby tomato, and smooshes him... and says, catch up!")

Ok, what was I saying…Yes, we need to catch up.


It’s been awhile!  My last post was 11.13.2012…that is almost 2 years.
So much has happened since then.

I fell off the blog wagon because I started a family.  Also, my space was full on blogspot and I wasn’t sure if my content would be worthy of paying for the website.
Well,  I came to a conclusion recently…someone might possibly be interested in my musings, photography, family, military life, travel, art, dreams and future plans, pretty stuff I find on the interwebs,…among all the other things you might read here.
I look at all of the photos that I’ve taken since then and realize I now have a ton of content.  So I decided to start churning out the old blog again.  Brush away the dust and cobwebs.  Put on a clean pair of slacks.  Detangle these memories a little bit and get chronological.
Hopefully  someone can take something from it…These blogs will usually be written while the kids are asleep or I can get a spare moment of peace.
I will start posting about 3 times per week.
 If you’ve never read my blog before…I encourage you to go back and see the dreamy life I had before my even dreamier life now.  Since you don’t really know me yet, I should warn you…I’m quite happy.  So if you’re not happy, maybe you can relate to something here, and it brightens your day.  If you are happy, then we’ll get along fantastically.

I have 2 sons.
Latest introduction:





We recently moved from the beautiful island of Okinawa, Japan to Spokane, Washington.

We are a military family...for now.  We have big decisions ahead of us and we can't wait to see what will happen...We are only in Spokane until mid 2015.  After that...who knows!?!
It's been crazy coming from a very hot, humid, subtropical climate to a very dry and cold climate (6 month winters...We just experienced below 40deg temps for the first time in 3 years!)  But we are adjusting.  We love it here...surrounded by natural beauty and we still have a lot more exploring to do!

Read along.  Enjoy and share!!

Sarah Fillman
Lens Mission Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment