11.16.2009

Oldies but goodies

Multomah Falls, Oregon
Quite an impressive waterfall, very tall with a bridge crossing towards the center...worth the hike. It allows great views of the amazing gorge in the distance.


My aunt has an incredible view of Mt. Ranier from just outside of the small town of Enumclaw, WA. I would kill for.this view from my kitchen window...unfortunately, due to the rainy season, she really only gets this view 30% of the year...still, worth it.


Bamboo ART in a Portuguese craft shop...those clever Europeans..what will they think of next? (That's me peeping behind all of the jewelry and dangly stuff in the little shop...a little lost, but having too much fun being whimsical.

It's amazing what you will find when walking the small cobblestones streets of an old Spanish city...You're walking along, turn a corner, then BAM! There's a sixteenth century Gothic Cathedral in your face...aaaah, I love Spain. I love Spain so much, I could just marry it.

The clock tower from the courthouse, Salt Lake City, UT. One of the first of many travels alone with a backpack, a map and a hostel destination. good times. On this strange trip...I somehow ended up taking a tour with Mormons, to the top of the Church of Latter Day Saints viewing a garden on the roof overlooking the city...after hitching a ride to the hostel, I refused to pay the $10 a night for sheets charge and froze my butt off.

This is one of the first 'good' pictures that I ever took..or took notice of. When I finally realized that I was truly and utterly in love with capturing the art and beauty around me...when I was captivated by not only the images I started creating, but the stirring in my heart, the alluring charm of photography overcame me..the art, colors, the intensity of space and what captures our attention. aaaaah, It is the eye...the artistic mind that binds me to freedom ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment