3.30.2010

Readbliss

The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner
I'm about halfway thru and questioning so many things that do/don't make me happy. It's an interesting time in my life to be reading this book because I've been juggling these up/down emotions for about a week...maybe overly introspective about it.
Eric is a man in search of the 'happiest' places in the world...but he basically ends up going to the places that are 'rated' as the most content, discovering that all happiness is defined differently. He explores philosophies and earns epiphanies into the science of happiness. In Qatar, for example, they will buy a $2,000 ink pen for happiness. Will you? He hops from place to place and brings to light many interesting geographic observations. I like it so far..it's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment